Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby Chix Get a New Home

I was perusing Craigslist yesterday and came across an ad seeking a new home for 5 baby chicks. They were only a couple of weeks old at that the ad went on to say. Once I got the woman on the line she stated she had bought them with her significant other and were planning on a move where she would have a large backyard. Well needless to say, that didn't happen this time around, so hence the craigslist ad for baby chicks who needed a new home. So I got on my white horse and rode over to her humble abode in Hollyrock, California, known more for rock than wood.




It was off the 101 in Friday rush hour traffic when I finally picked up the cute little chicks. She was very sad to see them go and I can surely understand. And so would you if you saw how long her face was. So we loaded up the 5 chicks in their pretty purple cage lined with paper for their poop and pee and made it back north to their new home.



 So I was glad to add these new chicks to our family collection of chickens. There are many at this point. But I love them all just the same. I have two medium size chickens that I also raised from babies. Here's a shot of them. The white one is the smaller of the two and they both should start laying eggs soon. So before I got home I dropped off at my favorite farm Feed and Tack place 'Da Moor's', that has been there since the cows came home. They were there forever and cater to mostly a horse crowd, but have much feed and tackle and hay and the like. So I picked up a bag of special Starter feed cause thats what they grow on, so thats what I buy. I fed the same to the two on the left as you can see they have grown sturdy and solid in the interim.

So to show more shots of the chicks here they are:



Please donate when you can in any increment if even a dollar. Money goes directly for electricity, pet food, vet needs, supplies for water, tanks, filters, and all other mechanical tools. I do not accept any compensation for myself as salary as I am NOT a non-profit or profit for that matter. This is NOT a business but rather I am doing this out of the feeling I have for the animals and no other reason other than to keep my sanity in a totally unstable economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment